An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Back in the Saddle" with a better camera







The government sent us old Social Security types $250 to spend in hopes of stimulating the economy. I have done my duty and came up with another $300 (sold my share of the canoe to my canoe-partner) and now have a Canon PowerShot G10. The camera specializes in macro photography and that is what I wanted. I can tell I will have to get a small tripod designed for macro photography.
Thursday, May 28 I and a few members of the fly fishing club helped Oregon Fisheries plant fingerling rainbow in the Owyhee River. We helped again on Tuesday the 2nd of June. In all we planted 126,000 fish. Mostly we planted the fish in nets with 20 pounds of fish per net. We formed a line like the proverbial bucket brigade to plant the fish. Some were flushed out of the truck through a pipe.
On the 29th through the 31st I attended the Southern Idaho Micology Association's Spring foray in McCall. That was pretty interesting. Found several mushrooms and learned the names of serveral that I did not know. Even got home with a few morels. Yummm.
The mushroom pictured is currently growing in our backyard. It is Psytherella candolleana. I identified the genus, but needed help in getting the last part. The wild flower is the Calypso orchid. I think it is the only orchid that grows in Idaho.
J has been busy sewing and attending bazaars. Currently she is sewing a dress shirt for AS who is getting married this Saturday. He is tall and thin and could not find a shirt off the rack that fit. How about having a tailored dress shirt for your wedding? How cool is that?
Papa Coyote loves you all
Yeeeeeeooooowwww



1 comment:

RasJane said...

You're back!! WOOT!!!!
Love the pictures and looking forward to many more Coyote tales.