An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Birthday in the Family














































J and I traveled West for six and one-half hours, stayed four nights, celebrated a birthday, watched our daughter get a cold and cough (poor girl), learned to photograph drops, and had a good time visiting with all the grandkids. What could be better? Well, the G-Man would probably say "FRIES!!" Yup, we took the grandkids to Burgerville for the fries and they can eat fries until we run out of money. On Saturday, R and I made a run to the hardware store and on the way back bought three large orders of sweet potato fries. The kids love sweet potato fries. Burgerville does a real good job with sweet potato fries.

Check out Burgerville at http://burgerville.com/.

We first learned of Burgerville by listening to http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/. Jane and Michael Stern started their report on Burgerville with an apology. Well, Burgerville is a fast food chain, but nothing like McDonald's. I could go on about Burgerville but that should be a whole 'nother blog. Oh, the Splendid Tables' program this coming Saturday will feature Amy Goldman who wrote The Heirloom Tomato: From Garden to Table. I love our garden fresh heirloom tomatoes. What Taste!

By looking at the pictures you can guess the E was the birthday boy. We bought him a Plasma Car which at the age of two he has no problem going FAST. He can wear out the toes of his shoes pretty quickly, but I noticed that when he is barefoot he can go just as fast and manage not to drag his toes. I think I would but him out to play barefooted as my generation played at that age. He can walk over gravel and thistle without a wince. I challenged him to walk over our goat weed in Southern Idaho without a wince.
I liked the picture of the G-man and his ghost. G-Man was not too sure about that picture. Hope I did not give him nightmares

R and I had a good time taking pictures of water drops. I learned a lot about my camera working with R. Thanks, R.
I have to run. Perry and I have finished the bookcases for the Little Theater. Now we have to transport them, carefully, to the theater where we will paint them. I will take pictures. We think they look good and they are well constructed. We used plywood because we knew they had to be painted and using dimensional lumber of any type runs the cost up in a hurry.
Later,
Papa Coyote

.
























F

No comments: