An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What If


Could it really come to this?


Ohhhh, me, oh my. I hate these winter colds. I seem to get one or two a year. Sometimes I can get to the sauna early enough to kill the virus, but not this time.



I finally gave in and went to the "Doc in the Box" and got a prescription of codeine-laced cough syrup and Azithromycin. At least I am not coughing as much. Maybe I will get some sleep. I can tell you sleepless in the coyote's den is not nearly as sexy as sleepless in Seattle.



After we had spent all those hours decorating and cleaning the house. J had spent all those hours converting her production facility back to living and sleeping rooms in the basement for our daughter's family, What if I had said, upon seeing the two littlest granddaughters with runny noses, "Nope can't come in. Go back home. You will cause grandma and grandpa to get sick." Never crossed my mind really. We were so pleased to have all the family under one roof for a few days and nights. Well, grandma would still have me running the ridges behind the house looking for a meal. That scenario equates to Papa is in the dog house. I would be in so much trouble. Well, at least kicked out of the house. Now grandma and grandpa do have colds, but we will recover. The doctor did tell me to get lots of rest. I told grandma that she was under the same orders, but she does not respond well to orders. I do and I am resting.

Love you all,
Papa Coyote

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Well you nailed it. I used to have at least 2 colds a year dealing with a hundred students per day, whose hygenic habits needed some work. Its been seven years since I retired. Its been seven years since I had a cold. I wonder if there is a connection?

PapaCoyote said...

You can stop wondering. The answer is a huge YES! I have fewer colds not that I have stopped teaching. I have a retired teacher friend in South Bend, IN who used sanitary hand wipes after handling students papers. Like every time. He was borderline obsessive, but he went years and years between colds. Before using the handwipes, he had colds several times in a year. Who says teaching is not hazardous to one's health?