An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Watch out for crooked lawyers!

At least that is the warning my Grand Dad Roy used to tell my Mom since she was old enough to remember.

It has been an interesting week. We started with David bringing Lauren to the house on Mothers' Day for the afternoon. Along with the rest of J's family, we had a pretty good visit.

Then on Tuesday morning we learned at school that the school board decided to require students to wear uniforms K-12. That is proving to be pretty controversial among students as well as faculty.

Tuesday afternoon I received a letter from a Boise law firm saying that I owed some seven thousand plus dollars to a Coast Crane and had been refusing to pay the bill. Huh? Come again! I called the office, but the receptionist was pretty rude so I threatened to turn the letter over to my attorneys for legal action. She hung up. It so happened that a retired judge came to the house a few minutes later to work on a brochure for the Democratic Party. I had him look at the letter. He said the law firm was a pariah and had a very bad reputation. He told me to see a lawyer and whatever I did contact them in writing, but never give up the letter. They have a practice of coming after people to whom they send these letters whether a debt is owed or not. The owing of a debt is of minor concern to them. The money they will collect in legal fees while you defend yourself from a unsubstantiated debt is how they prosper. Wow! So let the games begin!! I know a real sharp Harvard Law School grad if they want to go to the mats. When I called the attorney's office this morning, the receptionist was nicer and said that the letter had been sent to my house by mistake (with my name and address on the envelope?) and that I should shred the letter. Yeah? According to the retired judge, that is exactly what they want me to do. So I would not have proof of what they had done.

This is the end of the trail,
Yeeeeeeooooowwwwwww!
Papa Coyote

No comments: