An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Stockton Family Reunion in the Park


I went to Spokane this past weekend and stayed with my sister and BiL in their motorhome parked at the Spokane Gun Club. I am always a fan of free room. We attended the family reunion on Saturday. I think 25 people showed up. I took a picture of everybody, so I can get an exact count. The oldest was Uncle Bob. The youngest was Carley. You can see her armwrestling her brother Rudy. It was a pretty special time getting to visit with the first cousins, uncles and aunts the children of them. Of course, by far most did not show up. I would have liked to have seen many more. The family in Missouri is planning the 2010 Reunion. It will be either in Missouri or possibly Boise.
While visiting I contacted a seller on Craigslist and met her Saturday morning in the parking lot of WalMart and bought three gallons of N. Idaho huckleberries for $30 a pound. They were very big berries, very well cleaned, and the gallon bag was absolutely crammed. Couldn't have asked for a better transaction. Since berries are regularly selling for $45 a pound, I felt very fortunate.

We got a phone call from my sister telling us that brother-in-law had driven himself to the hospital at eleven that evening with a kidney stone. He was in the hospital for a few hours then released. My sister is unable to take care of herself, so I was hoping that BiL could make a fast recovery.
I have been working on the sprinkler system getting it ready so that the place will be automatically watered while we are visiting in Windsor, CA and San Francisco. I have hired the neighbor to take care of the fish pond and her mother is going to collect our garden produce and make use of it. I did not want it to go to waste and there will be a bushel or more of tomatoes and about four gallons of green beans and many yellow summer squash and Japanese cukes.

Well, I am tired from working on the sprinkler system and am going to bed. Yawn. Later, Gators!!






































































































No comments: