An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bah Humbug!

Yesterday morning I spent an hour and one half posting pictures taken during our recent trip to Newberg and wrote an account of our visit with daughter and her family. Just as I was pressing the left side of the mouse to publish the posting little red letters say that I am not connected to the internet. It was too late, I had already clicked! And that was the end of the post. It just disappeared. I don't know if I will try to recreate that posting. I hate to do things a second time. Now I have to get my fly tying stuff together and a fly rod and reel so that I can go help members of the Indian Head Fly Fishers Club instruct a group of 4-H 'ers about the intricacies of tying flies and learning patience (one learns patience by casting with a fly rod). Perry informed me that we were also doing some kind of instruction at the library on tying flies to another kids' group at 2:30 in the afternoon. Glad I went to the Little Theater's annual picnic board meeting in the park so that I could find out how I was spending today. Well, I need something to do now that I am retired. Hahahahaha. Did you know that serious fly fisher people press down the barb on hooks so that the hook is barbless? The theory is that by doing so the lives of fish can be saved allowing them to be safely returned to live yet another day. I have come to believe that the real reason for smashing down the barb is so that fly fisher people can get the hook out of their clothing or worse when a devilish wind swirl blows the flying hook onto an errant course. Also, works great when fishing with children. It is a lot easier to get a barbless hook out of fingers, etc. I recommend barbless hooks for all kinds of fishing.

Papa Coyote loves you all,

No comments: