An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Gramma and Papa Coyote Journey Westward to Return M to His Family















































Gramma Jane and Papa Coyote returned M to his den and visited with S and R and the boys. While S and Gramma went fabric shopping on Saturday R, the boys and I went to a camera shop in Portland so that R could to some comparative shopping for a SLR digital camera. When his pickup sells (Good News: the pickup sold and R has his new camera--Yahoo) , he intends to buy a camera with some of the money. Anybody interested in a good Ford 150 PU? I think it is a '92 or 93 full size pu with shell and autotrans. We then rode the Portland streetcars and Max to travel to Powell's Bookstore and Whole Foods were we caught a lunch. Then onto Pioneer Square to see a collection of electric powered cars on display. We then walked the waterfront for awhile. When the women finished fabric shopping, we met them for dinner at the Whole Foods in one of those other myriad of small (really big by Idaho standards) towns around Portland. On the 4th July we attended a Berry Festival at a berry farm. J and I brought back six quarts of berries (we picked). The low light of that day was the sickening thud of the motorcycle rider and his wife cruising down the highway and hitting a van pulling out of the farm. Both of the motorcycle riders eventually picked themselves off the pavement, but I bet they were very sore come Saturday. I did not take pictures, so no yellow journalism today!


R and S bought a big pack of safe and loud fireworks for the 4th. We combined with the next door neighbors to have a fun evening of firing off fireworks. M learned that one can still have fun with fireworks without Uncle D. Four neighbors at the end of the block used yellow caution tape and closed off the street to through traffic, brought out the tables, chairs, barbecues, backyard games and fireworks and had a great time. Since the sheriff lives on the street there was no sense in anybody complaining to the local officials. I only noticed one car having to backup and turn around to use a different route.


I think that Gramma J and Papa Coyote did our grandparental jobs of thorougly spoiling M and then sending him home for the inevitable readjustment to real life. Hope we did not make it too hard for the parents. Gramma J's mother use to tell her when she misbehaved (hard to believe, huh?, J misbehaving) that she would get it twice as bad when she had kids. J used to say the same thing to her daughter. Now, I am having a hard time believing S was really all that bad because she is enduring some serious grief some days. But, J likes to say that I was in lala land when the kids were at home, so what would I know.? Yeah, Right!!


Love your neighbor and do unto others as you would have them do unto you,
Papa Coyote


2 comments:

RasJane said...

So, as soon as you posted your last post about finding the missing posts, I said, "Ah Hah!", I says to myself. I should have told him about that feature. That manage posts feature. But I'm going to blame sleep deprivation here. I use it a lot, but it is valid after all. I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep a night. And I'm sure you understand that lack of downtime during the day. I'm proud of you for finding it on your own. And you know what they say, Mr Teacher, that knowledge you discover is longer lasting than knowledge that is given.

PapaCoyote said...

You are right about the acquisition of knowledge, but the method is so inefficient. I am concerned about your lack of sleep. Who is the culprit? E?