An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Friday, May 23, 2008

The First Mushroom in the Yard




I was out in the yard driving sticks of fertilizer into the ground around ornamental bushes when I happened upon the mushroom seen in the pictures. Technically it is growing just outside the yard next to the railroad tie in the NW corner of the yard. Of course, the mushroom guide book has gone AWOL. Hey, I just found it in the fly tying room. Now I will have to ID it, but first I am going to tie some pheasant tail bead nymphs. S just called and the family arrived safely in Boise. J is working out arrangements for meeting them. Got everything out for the camping part of the trip to NM. Hope to spend three nights in Chaco Canyon weather and roads permitting.
Put in the last day at work today. Grades are in and the May check collected.
Until Later,
Papa Coyote

No comments: