An accounting of some ventures in the life of grandma and grandpa for the kids, grandkids, friends and those who drop by for a visit.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Keeping Up Appearances





The day was spent saving money by not going fishing and dividing hostas. The hostas are just beginning to emerge from the ground (bullet stage) and it has been three years since I have divided them, so that was on the agenda for today. I now have hostas that are green with lots of white striping that grow about 8 inches high rimming that flower garden in front of the house. The bleeding hearts have just begun to bloom. The grass is greening up pretty well and filling in after a harder winter than usual.
Spent a few hours and washed down the deck. Looking pretty good. The pond continues to have yucky guck rise to the surface. I have threatened to put on the waders and get in and clean it out if the temperatures would get to 70. Darn if the temps didn't get to 70+ today. I get a reprieve tomorrow because I have to have the pickup serviced and have a particularly difficult senior project to grade which is probably going to take hours. I won't miss that part of teaching.
I notice that the digital camera does a pretty poor job of capturing color. Kind of washed out. I miss the Fujica.
Two of my faculty buddies (Mike and Mike), one now retired, and I have gone together to buy a raft for river running. The boys basketball coach is the other owner. He and I went Saturday morning, bright and early, to Boise to attend the annual swap meet. We bought a metal box to haul out ashes, a waterproof box for cameras and watches, and a bunch of straps. Use lots of straps in rafting. We still have to get a dry box, PDF's, rope, and fire pan. Oh, yeah, and a potty. We are looking forward to some trips this summer. Might be running the Owyhee River at the end of May. That is a great trip.
D has set his Mom up with a web page. Pretty basic right now, but at least she can direct people to her merchandise on Etsy. See http://www.hattiejane.com/. Have a look. She has sewn some great stuff.

1 comment:

RasJane said...

The pictures and yard look great. It makes me want to come visit soon!